cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Deselect Radio Button

Is there a way to deselect radio buttons? I don't see anything about this function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @powerapps890 ,

Please set the radio's Default:

If(var,"",
LookUp(GUATResponses, Title=vUserMail && GUATListID=ThisItem.ID, RadioValue) 
)

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @powerapps890,

You can have a reload icon in your app (like below picture). 

Set the OnSelect property of the icon to Reset(RadioButton) 🙂 

seryil_0-1598279736060.png

This isn't working for me because it saves the selections. This is what I have in my onvisisble for the screen. This is my radiodefault - ThisItem.Radio. This is in my onchange - Patch(GUAT,ThisItem,{Radio:Radio4.SelectedText.Value}). How can I work around this @Anonymous 

Hi @powerapps890 ,

Do you want to make one radio select nothing?

If so, you need to change the radio's default when clicking a button.

I've made a similar test for your reference:

1)insert a button, set its OnSelect:

Set(var,true);Reset(Radio1)

2)set the radio's Default:

If(var,"",ThisItem.Radio)

Then by default, the radio will display the field value. If you click that button, the selection of the radio will be deselected.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there a way to individually deselect the radio buttons? @v-yutliu-msft 

I tried what you said and it wouldn't save the selections of some of the radio buttons sometimes they just dissapeared. @v-yutliu-msft 

Hi @powerapps890 ,

Could you describe more clearly about your demands?

I just know that you want to deselect the selection of the radio. What do you mean about " individually deselect" and "save the selections of some of the radio"?

Do you have many radios?

I suggest you describe with screen shooot.

Best regards,

No, I have one radio button. I want to know if its possible to uncheck a radio button. I meant I want a button that can uncheck all of them but also for instance if I clicked works for create in OSC I want to be able to unselect that and make it blank again. I want to do it at an individual level and for the entire radio button called radio4 @v-yutliu-msft Annotation 2020-08-26 091505.jpg

Hi @powerapps890 ,

Do you want to uncheck all the radios in one gallery by clicking a button outside the gallery?

If so, I've made similar test for your reference:

1)insert a button outside the gallery

insert a gallery, insert a radio inside the gallery

2)set the button's OnSelect:

Set(var,true)

3)set the radio's Default:

If(var,"",ThisItem.Radio)

Then in the beginning, the radios display the field's value by default. If you click that button, all the radios will be deselected.

827.gif

However, this solution could only reset the radios for one time because outside button could not reset controls inside the gallery.

If you want to reset these radios for twice, you need to set one control inside the gallery.

Set that control's OnSelect:

Reset(Radio1)

Then every time you click that control, the radio in that line will be deselected.

8271.PNG

Best regards,

ThisItem.Radio is in my default and when I remove that and use what you have the button works but in order for the radio button selection to stick you have to click it twice @v-yutliu-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,337)