cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Design advice and question about adding an entry to SharePoint from PowerApp (Allow fill in choice)

Hello,

I have an app that has 20 drop down fields, each pull from a unique column. I feel like it might have been recommended to me to set these up this way, but I don't remember what the reasoning was.  What would the cons be of having one source column that these pull from using a lookup column.  The problem is the trainers want to be able to ad-hoc add entries from this app and have them save back to SharePoint.  Can you give me some advice, please?

Exfields.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@trishmalloy 

Would recommend instead a Gallery for this. For ad hoc entry would recommend a Form to submit the new entry.

The design here may be fine depending on the use case but it could present maintenance and user interface issues long term.

Highlighted

Would recommend a Gallery for what?  The drop down controls are on a form. What about the design might cause maintenance and user interface issues?

Highlighted

@trishmalloy,

That seems to be many forms on the screen, right? Why not try repeating table by gallery?

Expect that, could you please share more details with your requirement? I am a bit confused.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,873)