Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniMe_83
Helper IV
Helper IV

Desktop Widget

Afternoon all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but is there a solution where a desktop widget for windows can connect to a sharepoint list / powerapp to display certain information without having to have a browser open?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Abhilash_Swain
Super User
Super User

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,
This is something you can try. It will Download your application and open it as a desktop App.
Once you open your app in the browser, on right top you can see a download button.
It will download the app and open it as a desktop application. (can see the app in Taskbar). You can Pin it to taskbar for future use. [It will launch the app directly instead a Website]

Abhilash_Swain_0-1655214759772.png

Please give a like to support and accept it as a solution if it answered your query .:) 

Abhilash_Swain
Super User
Super User

@MiniMe_83 ,
Please accept it as solution for other's referenec.

@Abhilash_Swain - Thanks for replying but it isn't quite what I'm after. What I'm looking for is something similar below which can give the user an insight / snippet into an app or SharePoint list and if they select it will take them to the relevant app or SharePoint list.

Thanks again for your help but hopefully I've made it clearer to what it is I'm after and that there is a solution for my query.

A bit like the below picture:

widget screenshot.PNG

Abhilash_Swain
Super User
Super User

I think it is not available till now. However its a nice Idea. You can register it in this Link.
Power Apps Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,964)