cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bccsuec
Frequent Visitor

Detail Screen not connecting to correct SharePoint List Item

Hello,

I am building a Power App for a business glossary using a SharePoint list as the data source. I have screens for Home, Browse (all list items), Detail (for selected item), Edit (for selected item), and 14 screens for each department in my org. The Detail screen (and subsequently the Edit screen) won't link to the correct list item, unless I specify just one gallery in the Detail Form. Will attach screenshots for more explanation. Thanks very much!

Tree ViewTree ViewDisplay DetailForm1Display DetailForm1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bccsuec ,

Assuming that all the Galleries you are using and those Forms as well have the same data source, then you could set a variable OnSelect of each Gallery:

Set(varItemSelected, ThisItem);
Navigate(DetailScreen1)

, then use this variable in Item property of each Form.

This could work since all Galleries and Forms are using the same data source.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bccsuec ,

Could you please share more details about the App? 

I saw there is a Gallery "BrowseGallery1" in BrowseScreen1 but the in the Item property of the View Form it is
"BrowseGalleryFinance.Selected", so what is the BrowseGalleryFinance?

28.png

Please try and modify the Item of the View Form and Edit Form to:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-jefferni thanks so much for the help. This suggested fix is the default and the Display Form & Edit Forms do work for the BrowseScreen1 gallery "BrowseGallery1" when it is applied. The issue occurs when an item is clicked in another gallery, such as "BrowseGalleryFinance" or any of the other 13 department specific galleries. Hopefully these screencaps will clarify.

screencapScreens.pngscreencapDetailScreenEditScreen.png

A suggestion I've received is to create a variable to store the gallery name that's getting clicked and assign it in the OnSelect of each gallery, and then have that variable be the gallery name in the DetailForm1's Item function. I'm not sure exactly how to do that. Thanks!

Hi @bccsuec ,

Assuming that all the Galleries you are using and those Forms as well have the same data source, then you could set a variable OnSelect of each Gallery:

Set(varItemSelected, ThisItem);
Navigate(DetailScreen1)

, then use this variable in Item property of each Form.

This could work since all Galleries and Forms are using the same data source.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

This works like a charm! Thanks @v-jefferni very much! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,236)