Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesArthur12
Helper I
Helper I

Detail screen not showing Correct values

Hi Power Users,

I have developed an app with screens(Browse Screen, Detail Screen,Edit Screen). In Browse i have 2 items as Drop down when i select one value from the drop down it is taking me to Detail screen but The detail screen is showing default value(Its not changing with selected value from browse screen) and when i click on Edit button it is showing the default value only). I need to edit the existing value what should i do?

The item property for Detail screen is BrowseGallery1.Selected. 

Is there anything i need to change. 

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@Pstork1 

The datasource is excel table. The drop downs are the fields from the table.  The detail screen is also the data from the table. Basically i'm trying to do is create 2 dropdowns and select one from each dropdown and filters the table with those columns in the detail screen there if i want to edit some columns then i could click on Edit and change the column values and it would change in the excel table.

I hope you understand this.

I think i get it now.  You are trying to create a dynamic filter where you can choose which columns you want to filter on.  I don't think its possible to supply the names of the filter columns using a dynamic selection.  You would have to hard code all the column names in a massive If() statement and I don't think thats possible.  Unless I'm still missing the point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
rebeccas
Community Champion
Community Champion

I never use the Gallery.Selected...I find it to be very unreliable, especially when being used on mobile devices.

Instead the icon you select in the gallery I put - OnSelect=Set(varSelected, ThisItem.Title)

And then on the Form for the Items I put = LookUp(DataSource, Title=varSelected)

You don't have to use the Title field, you can use ID or whatever else you choose that is a unique field but I typically do Title.

Exactly. If i use label and search for the specific values and its filtering the data for those searched values in Detail form But when i try to use Drop down its not working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (996)