cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cazforshort
Advocate I
Advocate I

Detect Data Validation in source and configure dropdowns automatically

I have about three dozen excel tables in an Inspection spreadsheet.

Each table is a room. Each column in the table represents a question. Each row represents an inspection record for that particular room.

It has data validation set up so that you select the result for a question from a drop down.

When making my powerapps version, I thought I could just have one navigation screen and one form screen.

The navigation screen would just pull from a separate table that has a list of all the rooms. The room thats clicked would navigate to the form screen and pass with it the name of the room that was clicked. Then it would automatically set the data source for the form to the selected room:

Switch(RoomID, "Room1", Room1Table,"Room2", Room2Table....)

It seems I can swap the data source with the above method, but it wont let me set the fields up. 

Is there a way to have it automatically create fields for creating a new entry? Is there a way to make it so the data validation sets up the dropdowns automatically?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,920)