cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mecr123
Level: Powered On

Development of sales order application

Hi

I have not used Power Apps previously and I would just like to ask a few questions to see is PowerApps a potential solution for my business.

I will briefly outline what I am looking to do.

I would like my remote sales reps to be able to place sales orders via an App from their mobile device. A sales order typically consists of a customer number, product code, quantity. The customer and products would have to be selected from a list to ensure they do not key in invalid data.  When they have the sales order completed they send it to our ERP system (it eithers sends the order to an email address on a PDF attachment, or it FTPs to a secure server location).   Is this something that could be developed via PowerApps?  Does each user have to have a licence, or how do you roll this out to users?   Are they any examples or where

many thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Development of sales order application

Hi @mecr123 ,

Do you want to create a Sales Order Application based on your data source using PowerApps?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. If you want to create a Sales Order App using PowerApps, please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmKXBOiMew

If you want to share this canvas app to your end users and you want each of your end users could use this app, each one of them must have proper PowerApps license (PowerApps for Office 365 license at least).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@mecr123 

I would like my remote sales reps to be able to place sales orders via an App from their mobile device.

In general, this is a typical use case for PowerApps.

A sales order typically consists of a customer number, product code, quantity.  The customer and products would have to be selected from a list to ensure they do not key in invalid data.

I have been able to do this by maintaining a table of the valid customers and product codes in SharePoint.  Each day the list is automatically updated by an automated Flow (MS Automate).  Depending on what ERP you are using you might be able to connect directly to the ERP for this information or you might need to use my SharePoint idea.

When they have the sales order completed they send it to our ERP system (it eithers sends the order to an email address on a PDF attachment, or it FTPs to a secure server location).  Whether or not PowerApps or Power Automate can "talk" with your ERP depends on what you are using.  There might be a pre-built connector already available for your ERP but there is also an option to build custom.

Is this something that could be developed via PowerApps?  Does each user have to have a licence, or how do you roll this out to users?   Are they any examples or where  The general task seems like it would be a good fit for PowerApps but you will need to speak with a consultant to understand the cost since it depends on whether you can use the standard or custom features.

Here's a discussion on licensing that I attended yesterday if your want to know more about costs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PqDMo3DbzY

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Frans_365CH
Level: Powered On

Hi,

We have build an app for tablets for this issue. If you like we can give you a demo, by skype, just for the inspiration.

We using Office 365 BE, just about 50 euro per user per year, so you can run PowerApps on the tablet. But you can run this on a smartphone to. Herby view screenshots: https://www.365cloudhouse.com/project/naardigitaleorderverwerking/

PowerApps is excelent for your business!

Regards, Frans

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mecr123 ,

Do you want to create a Sales Order Application based on your data source using PowerApps?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. If you want to create a Sales Order App using PowerApps, please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmKXBOiMew

If you want to share this canvas app to your end users and you want each of your end users could use this app, each one of them must have proper PowerApps license (PowerApps for Office 365 license at least).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,604)