Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Did my PowerApp get corrupted?

Hi all,

Something is wrong with one of my PowerApps:

1. It has disappeared from the list in the Windows 10 PowerApps App.
  2. When I want to edit it at https://eu.create.powerapps.com/studio/#, it just keeps loading. It has been 10+ minutes now.
  3. Also https://apps.powerapps.com/play/.... just keeps loading after clicking Play.
  4. I've tried an other app and this opens just fine.

What can be done to fix this?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Hi @rimatos ,

Thank you!

There are only 3 images in the app; 2 x jpg 1 x svg. But they are also in the version 104 that I was able to restore.

What I also do not understand is that the difference between those export files are only these images. Between version 104 and 108 I've done a "huge" amount of work. How come you can't see any of it in the files? Is there anything of the apps stored on a server?

I am still hoping version 108 can be fixed so I don't lose any of the work and I really want to know what caused the issue. It just can't happen that an app is working just fine in a live situation and one day you have to go back 4 versions or worse for some unknown reason.

If there is anything more you can help me with, that would be great.

BTW: I found an Office 365 Global Admin, was a bit of a mission with a 35.000 employee company. But the ticket system has been down since yesterday as well. The are stuck at the screen below. Maybe you can address this somewhere as a MS Employee. When I call MS, they can't help me because I am no admin and the Global Admin I found is to busy to spend his time on a broken ticketing system.

Error Ticket System-cropped.jpg

Highlighted

Hi @rimatos  and other MS employees,

This is just not funny anymore.... I'm working very long hours to get this app working again after it was broken last time. Sunday I spend another 4 hours on this app and today another 12 hours and it is broken again!!! Same issue!!! 

I need to know what is going on and why this keeps happening. Is there any way I can contact MS for support without being a Global Admin?

Highlighted

Thank you MS for just letting me hang here when it gets a bit more difficult. Turns out the Office 365 tenant the company I work for had 93.000 users, not 35.000. Must cost a fortune. And I am just sitting here spending days and days debugging your software...

Highlighted

Hi @Power_Robert,

I'm sorry for the late reply on my end.

If this matter is urgent and/or business impacting to you than you need to raise a support ticket to Microsoft and reach out to an admin on your tenant or customers tenant, and expose the situation so they can assist in raising this request.

In this scenario I'm not seeing any other alternative to that could aid you in solving this problem, and I strongly believe that this should be raised to our Dev Team for further analysis. Unfortunately, we can not do so from community since we do not have access to this from here, and need the Support ticket to be raised, has even for simple telemetry from your side we need the Support request to be able to access it.

As for the issues when attempting to raise the ticket from the https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support link that I provided you previously, you can also attempt to submit a ticket from https://admin.microsoft.com/. If you are still facing the issue with the ticket system to opening to PowerApps Team, try and expose your problem to a separate team, and they will route this internally to the correct team.

image.png

One additional way you can try and reach Microsoft would be if you have a partner or a Technical Account Manager (TAM) that you could reach to assist you in raising tis problem.

I hope I didn't come to late in assisting you with this issue. Let me know of the outcome of this if you were able to raise the ticket on your end.

Regards,

Ricardo

Highlighted

Hi @rimatos,

Thank you for your explanation.

The reason why the admin was not able to raise the ticket is still under investigation by a MS TAM and I asked a MS Partner to raise a ticket for me in his tenant.

Summary:

I started developing a PowerApp that got stuck loading at some point in edit mode as well as in play mode.

I have four (icon) control a part of a custom form in PowerApps. The type of icon (check of cross) and the colour (red or green) of the icon is based on the value  of a property of a record. This value can be switched by clicking on the icon. The current state of the four controls was stored in a variable, like this:

If(
    varFormEditMode,
    Set(
        varIcons,
        {
            needsStretcher: !(varIcons.needsStretcher),
            needsExtendedLegrest: varIcons.needsExtendedLegrest,
            approvalAutomatically: varIcons.approvalAutomatically,
            approvalByNurseOnDuty: varIcons.approvalByNurseOnDuty
        }
    )
)

When the formula above was added to the OnSelect() of each the icon control (with a small adjustment fear each control). I was able to save and continue to develop the app and use the app in Preview mode to test it functionality and it all worked just fine without any errors. Strangely enough, when the app was saved and closed and when you tried to reopen/edit the app. PowerApps studio got stuck loading. The first time this happened I had to skip 4 previous versions before I was able to restore a functional version. (Every version of the app between 108 and 104 also got stuck during loading the app.) In the process of finding the cause of the issue I came across a lot of strange issues with PowerApps Studio like a greyed out formula bar which was stuck with a colour code of one of the controls. Just because I pasted the code above in the OnSelect() formula. You could still select other controls but the formula bar was still stuck with that colour code. Or nothing on that browser tab would respond any more and you had to close the tab and reopen edit mode of the app. Luckily this also happened during one of the sessions with one of the MS Support Technicians, so they could see I didn’t do anything special for this to happen.

One of the technicians advised me to use a collection instead of a variable. This is the result:

If(
    varFormEditMode,
    ClearCollect(
        colIcons,
        {
            Name: "needsStretcher",
            Value: LookUp(colIcons, Name = "needsStretcher",Value)
        },
        {
            Name: "needsExtendedLegrest",
            Value: LookUp(colIcons, Name = "needsExtendedLegrest",Value)
        },
        {
            Name: "approvalAutomatically",
            Value: !(LookUp(colIcons, Name = "approvalAutomatically",Value))
        },
        {
            Name: "approvalByNurseOnDuty",
            Value: LookUp(colIcons, Name = "approvalByNurseOnDuty",Value)
        }
    )
)

After replacing all instances of the variable in the formulas with the collection. I was able to save, close and re-edit the app again without any issues.

I informed the tecnical the workaround is working fine and that I would like her to find the root cause of the issue so it can be fixed within PowerApps Studio and to avoid running into this kind of issues (ever) again. This Ticket is still open and the root cause is still under investigation. 

Hopefully next time it will all go a bit more easily.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @Power_Robert ,

Thank you for this detailed summary of the issue ad the workaround on your behalf.

I will mark this answer as solution for now in case anyone on the community faces a similar issue on their side. If in the meantime you have a response from Microsoft with Root Cause, feel free to leave it in here for future reference of the community.

Regards,

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,362)