cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazzerd

Difference between Edit View and Play View

I released a new version of a power app today which in edit view looks fine but when I publish it the content of the controls are all garbled and squashed and the fit to window button no longer works. This is using Edge, Chrome or Firefox. The odd thing is this seems to only effect me, my users play view is fine (for the time being). Even if I revert back to the previous version the behaviour persists.

I'm completely baffled.Clean ExampleClean Example

Gabrled ExampleGabrled Example

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dazzerd

Fixed thsi by reverting to a much older version. Not entirely sure what caused the corruption but maybe something around the transition states but no idea!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dazzerd Try to save a copy of the app (opem this app for editing, go to Save As, put in a different name. Then to double check and make sure you are not editing the live app, exit the app editor, go to make.powerapps.com again and go to Apps, look at your apps, and now open the one with the new name up for editing to make sure that's the clone) and then in the copy, check if there is a problem with the controls on the form or the form itself. Try also to have the form reset with ResetForm or otherwise blank it out OnVisible of that screen, have some placeholder blank screen if needed to switch between the blank screen and the screen with the garbled form on it in edit mode, then make sure there is no record pre-populated in Edit mode, see if that helps. 

Check if on latest version of Chrome on your end. If not, try updating to

Chrome on Windows 95.0.4638.54 (released on 10/19/2021) is most recent version as of the posting date of this writing.

Update the browser if needed.

Otherwise, check the next step.

If all of the above didn't work, try clearing all of the cache and cookies and then open up the browser and signing in again, then opening up the clone for editing. Try and put a new Form in there on a separate screen (or even the same screen) with only a couple of the fields and hook it up similarly to the garbled form. See if it persists. Now try taking out some of the fields from the garbled form one by one, see if at a certain point it stops being garbled in the Edit view. If that happens, check carefully what's going on when the field is put back in. If it is only the specific field in the form, check if something about the size of the stuff put in there, something like a child custom added control, etc. is making it throw off the display on the Edit mode only. 

Check if any of the above helps @dazzerd 

dazzerd

Fixed thsi by reverting to a much older version. Not entirely sure what caused the corruption but maybe something around the transition states but no idea!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,669)