cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Difference between Preview from Studio and Webplayer/Android App

Please be so kind as to read my whole question before responding.
My actual questions are after the problem description.
Thank you for your consideration.

I have a pretty complicated PowerApp for Dynamics 365 with CDS that seems to work without any errors at all, when loaded into the PowerApps Studio (Edit) and using Preview/Play/F5.
Here's an example what the gallery on the first screen looks like in the studio:
image.png
Regarding "Errors", PowerApps Studio only tells me that some TabIndex are still -1 and that some AccessibleLabel are missing.
image.pngimage.png

However, when starting the same PowerApp directly without the Studio, i.e. Play, Android App, or PowerApps for Windows, I get errors that tell me nothing:

image.png
kk_messeapp_lead is a custom entity, and kk_multiselect_aj a MultiSelect Option Set field, which CDS apparently changes into kk_multiselect_aj (for the numerical Value) and _kk_multiselect_aj_label (for the labels associated with Value).
Thus, if the type Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.kk_messeapp_lead is the same as the custom entity as seen from the PowerApp via CDS, this error message is simply wrong, at least as far as I understand.

Deleting everything from the PowerApp that references these fields, which should be there, I still end up with this:
image.png
Also the gallery in the first screen stays empty as a result of whatever errors occured.
image.png

My questions

1. Is there a difference how the Studio and the Webplayer handle Entities/Fields?
    (i.e. what is happening here? Why do I see these errors?)
  2. Is there some way to get more debugging info as to where the errors come from?
  3. How do I fix this such the the Webplayer can handle this PowerApp which seems to work flawlessly with Preview from within the Studio?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Difference between Preview from Studio and Webplayer/Android App

I submitted a support ticket an got the following suggestion from Prakruti Tantuway (Thank you!)

Go to the advanced settings -> Turn off the explicit columns.

Please publish again and check if the issue is resolved.

I did this (File -> App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Explicit Column Selection (off)) and it seems to have resolved my issue.
I still don't know though, why my PowerApp broke Explicit Column Selection in the first place.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaWu,

The problem might not be related to the way of how the Studio and the Webplayer handle Entities/Fields, but the setting of your web browser. Have you tried with other web browsers to have a test? You could also test with another desktop.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I submitted a support ticket an got the following suggestion from Prakruti Tantuway (Thank you!)

Go to the advanced settings -> Turn off the explicit columns.

Please publish again and check if the issue is resolved.

I did this (File -> App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Explicit Column Selection (off)) and it seems to have resolved my issue.
I still don't know though, why my PowerApp broke Explicit Column Selection in the first place.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,813)