Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freedumz
Helper II
Helper II

Difference between Sharepoint and Project online

Hello Everyone,

I'm a total noob in powerapps and I'd like to know what it's the difference between sharepoint and project online connection

Because, in the tutorial, people always use sharepoint to link data with powerapps, but in my case, it's not possible (I don't know why but my list is empty, have I something to do to put the projects on a list, or have I to add them on a list when I declare them?)

But I can't etablish a connection with project online, so what is the difference between the both?

A connection with project allow to do the same thing than a sharepoint connection?

Because I'd like to get my project status, assign issue to people from maintenance team or seeing project which are closed

Is it possible only with a project connection?

If you have some reads about that, I'm interessted

many thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @freedumz,

If you really want to compare SharePoint list and Project online, I think it is more proper to compare the Task list with Project online. Generally, task list is the simplified version of project. Actually you could change a SharePoint task list into an enterprise project by connecting to SharePoint site in PWA. For detailed steps, see here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-a-SharePoint-task-list-into-an-enterprise-project-D1...

About the blank list in you SharePoint, you can acutally add the columns that you need and then add items to SharePoint list as long as you have the proper permission on the list. Then you should be able to do the same thing in PowerApps using SharePoint list.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,802)