Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnthonyRegnier
Helper V
Helper V

Different behavior between windows 10 and mobile app

Hello guys,

I'm getting completely different results in my app when using my windows 10 PC and my mobile phone.

Is there anyone aware of a MS problem?

I've tried to change the gallery to query a collection where I fetch the results, I tried few different things but the gallery filter isn't working on the mobile but it works fine on my PC. 

I'm of course using the same app version....

Thanks

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So the problem is that I was using a datetime variable, with Text().

The filter function was working from a web browser but not using the mobile app.

I have replaced the variable by simple strings, still embeeded with Text() function... And it works...

MS will look on their side why..

Thanks guys

Anthony

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Could you clarify what you mean by different results?  What is the filter you are using?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Hello!

Basically:

OnVisible property is:

-> That used to be the code on the items property of my gallery directly but I changed to test...

ClearCollect(ColFreeDesks, Filter(Desks, Office = SelectedLocation, Not(Title in Filter(
    'Desk Reservations',
    StartsWith(CheckInTxt, Text(startTime, ShortDate)) || StartsWith(CheckOutTxt, Text(endTime, ShortDate)) || StartsWith(CheckOutTxt, Text(startTime, ShortDate)) || StartsWith(CheckInTxt, Text(endTime, ShortDate))).Desk)))

Items property of my gallery:

Sort(Filter(ColFreeDesks, Dropdown1_3.Selected.Result in Area), Title, Ascending)

On my windows 10 PC, it basically returns the desks that are free for a given date (it properly exludes those who are already booked for a given day).

On my mobile phone, it returns all the desks and give the user to book a desk that is already booked...

I was before directly querying the SP list, so I wanted to test by fetching the results first in a collection and then query the collection from the gallery. Nothing helped...

Any idea?

Thanks

Anthony

Since this uses date/time, I suspect it may be something around the way that date and time are being calculated on the two devices.  Try to see what the regional settings are and how dates and times are being modified on each device.  Dates are always stored as UTC and different devices may shift it to local time on display.  The local time may be calculated differently.  For example the phone may calculate based on its locale settings, but the web may calculate based on the server setting in the cloud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

That can't be it... I'm using both datetime column and text, and I'm only using the text one...

I just opened a support request with Microsoft, they're acknowledging that it's not normal.

The collection doesn't even contains some results that from the phone, are appearing...

They're checking from the backend.

So the problem is that I was using a datetime variable, with Text().

The filter function was working from a web browser but not using the mobile app.

I have replaced the variable by simple strings, still embeeded with Text() function... And it works...

MS will look on their side why..

Thanks guys

Anthony

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,354)