cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greeny1989
Frequent Visitor

Different behaviour on Outlook connector between studio and live app session

Good Morning All,

I'm experiencing an unusual behaviour in part of an app and wondering if anyone could assist. I've built a Staff & Visitor Sign In App, using SharePoint as a data source, and generate barcodes for staff & visitors.

Part of the functionality is to enable visitors to input their information, press submit, and it will send two emails, one notifying whoever they're visiting of their arrival, and one to the receptionist with the HTML Table setup for a printable ID. Please see the code for this below:

Navigate(
    StaffVisSignInOut,
    ScreenTransition.Fade
);
Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
    IDGal.Selected.Visiting.Email,
    "Your Visitor Has Arrived at Reception",
    Concatenate(
        "Your visitor: ",
        IDGal.Selected.Name,
        " has arrived at reception. They can be contacted on: ",
        IDGal.Selected.'Tel No'
    )
);
Office365Outlook.SendEmail(
    User().Email,
    "ID Card for: " & IDGal.Selected.Name,
    IDCard.HtmlText,
    {IsHtml: true}
)

This is set to run 6 seconds after the data source has been refreshed, to ensure the data is present in SharePoint. The behaviour issue occurs when running this in a play session. Whilst in studio, I can  submit any number of records in a row and they all successfully send both emails.

When running in a live session, it intermittently fails to send the 2nd email with the HTML body to print, despite the record successfully being created and available. I've ran the monitor in a studio session for 50 record creations but it doesn't present an error unless it's used as an active app. Having other users test this also produces the issue, but again intermittently, sometimes they can log multiple records fine, other times they'll get the error every couple of records, which has me confused.

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Greeny1989 ,

Have you tested with multiple web browsers? If this issue happens only on web browser play app mode, then please get the session ID when the issue happens, and try to raise a support ticket here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,819)