Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abd3127
Level 8

Different color of Text in a label

Hello,

I need to use a label in which i am writing name of text and a special character.

So what i want is that text should be in black color and the special symbol to be in red color.

Can i do this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Different color of Text in a label

You are right and I was wrong - it can be done! I learnt something new today, great.

You just have to select the part of the text in the label you want and then set the colour in the menu.Not sure how you would do this if you set the lable's text in code...

Labelclr_1.pngSelect the text in the label, and in the Start menu, click on the text colourLabelclr_2.pngPresto! Two colours in a label

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

As far as I know, it's not possible to have different colours within the same label.

Can you split the text in two labels and have the special character in a label of its own, thereby being able to colour it separately? If you right justify the label with the text and put the label with the special character very close by, it will look like one combined field.

abd3127
Level 8

Hello @BitLord69

I hav such labels in my project.so i needed to figure it out how to do so 

Image Reference :

1.Half Part of label is Black and the cursor is also black 

black.JPG

2.Half is red and cursor also turn red 

red.JPGIts like a normal label nothing special and no new properties.

But i couldnt do it and i can not use the label by copying as the red part becomes black when i edit the text in the copied label. 

However when i copy the text in the label it shows a line in between the text and symbol.

But its a single label .blue.JPG

Thanks

Super User
Super User

You are right and I was wrong - it can be done! I learnt something new today, great.

You just have to select the part of the text in the label you want and then set the colour in the menu.Not sure how you would do this if you set the lable's text in code...

Labelclr_1.pngSelect the text in the label, and in the Start menu, click on the text colourLabelclr_2.pngPresto! Two colours in a label

View solution in original post

abd3127
Level 8

@BitLord69 yeah thanks it worked 

lkwoodring
Level: Power Up

I was able to create a different color of text within my label, but as soon as I applied it, all the words got messed up. Basically, as the words wrapped, they separated - so at the end of one line I have word started and then the next line is the rest of the word.  I'm having to individually go through and re-space every line.  Help!

MaxDonen
Level: Powered On

This did not work for me. Selecting part of the text and then selecting a different colour simply changes the colour of all text in the label. 

B4rikuda
Level: Powered On

I was having issues with my label retaining my bold, italic, underlines, and line breaks. I switched over to an HTMLText Input type and it allowed me to use HTML to set more flexible boundaries around my text. You can use <font color=red>My red text</font> to color it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,317)