cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Difficulty combining SortBy and Search

Hi,

I'm having diffulties with the following formula: 

SortByColumns(Search(Protocol;TextSearchBox1_2.Text;"Search_x0020_Tags"); "Title"; Ascending)

I'm trying to make a protocol list that I have made in Sharepoint. Each item in this list has assigned tags, that have to be searchable in the app. The column sorting and search seems to go well with the formula mentioned above. However, when you search for one and select it, it will go to the details of the first item in the list. 

An example:

- The first item in the list (without a search) is "Holidays";

- Now I search for "Orders";

- "Placing Orders" shows up and I select it;

- It goes to the details screen for "Placing Orders" for a second;

- Then is suddenly goes to the details screen for Holidays.

Can someone help with this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi BitLord69,

Thanks for your reply. Have figured it out after playing around a bit more. 

The problem was that I used the Search function instead of the Filter function.

When Searching the list, it looks like you only have one result and you click on that one.

But in reality, the app/list is still seeing the whole list (unfiltered) and selects the first one of that list.

In short, by using Search, you actually not shortening the list in terms of data. 

The app works the way I want now, by using the following formula in the BrowseGallery:

SortByColumns(Filter(Protocol;TextSearchBox1_2.Text in Search_x0020_Tags); "Title"; Ascending)

The app works perfectly now, using it for employees to search a topic they need help with (instead of only looking in the Title).

Creating many tags (by using language that will be used by your colleagues), helps them finding the topic they need help with.

Best,

GH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Power Participant
Power Participant

What does the Details screen look like? What's its Item-property set to?

Hi BitLord69,

Thanks for your reply. Have figured it out after playing around a bit more. 

The problem was that I used the Search function instead of the Filter function.

When Searching the list, it looks like you only have one result and you click on that one.

But in reality, the app/list is still seeing the whole list (unfiltered) and selects the first one of that list.

In short, by using Search, you actually not shortening the list in terms of data. 

The app works the way I want now, by using the following formula in the BrowseGallery:

SortByColumns(Filter(Protocol;TextSearchBox1_2.Text in Search_x0020_Tags); "Title"; Ascending)

The app works perfectly now, using it for employees to search a topic they need help with (instead of only looking in the Title).

Creating many tags (by using language that will be used by your colleagues), helps them finding the topic they need help with.

Best,

GH

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (92,664)