Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Digital signature to save into SP list

Hi 

Anyone can help?

Am trying to save the digital signature fr powerapp Pen input into SP list as attachment in one of the column .. is there any way to do it?    I need to have 3 different signature at a diff ĺevel.  Thanks

Pls help as I dont know how to code in workflow too.  Thanks

How to use the submit button in Powerapps to submit the form w the signature into SP list and refresh after submit?   Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bbsin ,

I have done a blog on storing and viewing images which included pen input. This may be helpful to you.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

hi

did i miss something? It is not saving into SP   thanks

Set(
varJson,
JSON(
PenInput1.Image,
JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData
)
);
Set(
varJson,
Mid(varJson,
Len(varJson)-24
)
);
PIOOneDrive_2.Run(varJson)

hi

did i miss something? It is not saving into SP   thanks

Set(
varJson,
JSON(
PenInput1.Image,
JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData
)
);
Set(
varJson,
Mid(varJson,
Len(varJson)-24
)
);
PIOOneDrive_2.Run(varJson)

I followed the video from Young.. it went to one drive but not SP?

thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZfvTuDmP0&t=780s

summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

@bbsin ,

The destination of your file is in the Flow, not in the Power Apps code. I noticed your Flow name is PIOOneDrive_2. Is this saving to OneDrive or SharePoint? I have provided examples of SharePoint saving in my blog

Also notice that the JSON I provided is different to yours - yours should work if the comma is at character 24, but mine is more generic.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

thank you I am trying to use your blog code,  

as I only using the PenInput box for the signature (PenInput1), I don't have gallery, not too sure

for 

First(colPhoto).Url,

you blog input the above, what is First(colPhoto), do I create a column  in my list with this name?   

and this galleryName , where to find it? Do I need to add anyth?

YourGalleryName.Selected.ID

Thanks.

@bbsin ,

Please re-read the blog and try to understand the concept of what is happening rather than copying code.

The First(colPhoto) refers to the camera option - you need the JSON for the signature. The gallery name was just one example of how you would view photos (nothing to do with what you are trying to do).

You can add them as attachments with the code in this section of the blog, but really need to grasp the process a little more to do this.

thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,453)