Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sips1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Direct URL link to a PowerApp in another tenant

Hi,

I am giving users a link to a PowerApp on our O365  tenant.  This link works fine for those who are logged into our tenant in their browser.

However, for users that are logged into another O365 tenant in their browser the link results in "Sorry, we didn't find that app.".

One option is that I ask the users to open an InPrivate or Incognito browser session in which case they would be forced to sign in however this isn't a good user experience. 

Best scenario is that the user is given a URL to the PowerApp which specifies the tenant and they are prompted to sign in using the username and password provided to them in our tenant.

Is anyone able to advise on the URL format to achieve this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @sips1 

I don't think you can do what you are asking - the browser is the issue not the link/App.

The browser has the credentials for login.microsoftonline.com cached (unless in incognito as you said), so even if you could find a way to direct link to it, the cached credentials (their O365 tenant) would not be able to access resources in your tenant, so it would just show a different error (likely "you don't have access to this resource via User@thisdomain.com").

Links to Apps now include tenantID in their parameters, have you tested using these newer links?

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @sips1 

I don't think you can do what you are asking - the browser is the issue not the link/App.

The browser has the credentials for login.microsoftonline.com cached (unless in incognito as you said), so even if you could find a way to direct link to it, the cached credentials (their O365 tenant) would not be able to access resources in your tenant, so it would just show a different error (likely "you don't have access to this resource via User@thisdomain.com").

Links to Apps now include tenantID in their parameters, have you tested using these newer links?

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Hi @iAm_ManCat , @sips1 ,

Curious, so just confirmed:

Launch() from one tenant to another with tenantid in URL prompts for login to destination tenant and plays the app.  Fairly seamless actually.

Kind regards,

RT

Thanks @RusselThomas - I had a feeling the new links which included tenantID would do that, but I didn't have time to test earlier 😄

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,318)