cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDSI
Helper I
Helper I

Disable PowerApps from constant phoning home?

PowerApps is like a little E.T. constantly wanting to phone home. This is probably a great addition in high-bandwidth situations, but for developers with low-bandwidth connections, aka Satellite-based, it's horrible. How to disable PowerApps from constantly phoning home, as it delays development exponentially while waiting for it to send and receive endless packets.

AutoSave has already been disabled to prevent that lockup from occurring every two minutes.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @GDSI ,

The problem you have is that is is a cloud-based app and a lot of the validation including all the "red and blue lines" in formulas and the presumptive values offered rely on being online. As well, any gallery, form or control items need to resolve their values when they are displayed, even in Edit mode. You could try switching off the internet at the time and rely on your skills, but other then that, if online, Power Apps will (by its design) be in constant contract with any linked data sources.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

I figured if I turned of the wifi, that the app would just go into complete paralysis, but I'll give it a shot. #mykingdomforanondemandcompiler 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,326)