Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kullurumanoj
Helper III
Helper III

Disable Scrolling in Gallery

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is any way I can disable scrolling for gallery. Even though I set ShowScrollBar to false. I can scroll through mouse. I would like to totally disable the scrollbar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@kullurumanoj 

Yes, you can disable the scrollbar (or make it not visible), but if the Gallery has more items in it than it can display in the Height of the Gallery, then it will scroll.

The best you could do would be to limit the number of items in the Gallery.

You could use the FirstN function on the Items and specify how many items you would display as a "maximum" before it would scroll.

Example, if 8 items is the point at which your gallery would scroll, then set the Items property to FirstN(yourItemDataSource, 8).

Then it will have no more items and will not scroll.

I hope that helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@kullurumanoj 

Yes, you can disable the scrollbar (or make it not visible), but if the Gallery has more items in it than it can display in the Height of the Gallery, then it will scroll.

The best you could do would be to limit the number of items in the Gallery.

You could use the FirstN function on the Items and specify how many items you would display as a "maximum" before it would scroll.

Example, if 8 items is the point at which your gallery would scroll, then set the Items property to FirstN(yourItemDataSource, 8).

Then it will have no more items and will not scroll.

I hope that helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Fellmeth
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

If you don't require the items in the gallery to be selectable, you could place a rectangle over-top of it and set it to transparent.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,476)