Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooltechie
Helper IV
Helper IV

Disable a button on form load based on a condition

Hello,

I have a button on my form and I would like to disable this button based on a certain value of the field.

the field is a single line of text field. If the value of this field is "Yes", then the submit button should be disabled. I tried various options with display mode on Form OnVisble property but nothing is working.

Please help

7 REPLIES 7
cooltechie
Helper IV
Helper IV

I tried the following on DisplayMode property of the button but it didn't work

If(DataCardValue19.Text = "Yes", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit) Not sure what I  am doing wrong.  Can I use Button Rules instead?

Hi @cooltechie 

Share a screenshot 

also check DataCardValue19.Text value by using a Label and setting its tet property to DataCardValue19.Text 

the label also is not showing the text value.

Are you sure DataCardValue19 is the name of the input control and can you provide a screenshot?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cooltechie ,

Do you custom a form in your SP list using PowerApps?

Do you want to disable the Button based on a certain value of the field when you edit an existing record?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the DisplayMode property of the Button to following:

If(
     SharePointIntegration.Selected.TextField = "Yes",
     DisplayMode.Disabled,
     DisplayMode.Edit
)

or

If(
     DataCardValue19.Text = "Yes",
     DisplayMode.Disabled,
     DisplayMode.Edit
)

Note: Please make sure the DataCardValue19 represents the Text Input box related to the Single text column of your SP list within your Edit form (SharePointForm1).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried this approach. However, the problem with this is that the button is disabled even when the form is opened new and the value of the text field is blank.  How can we solve this?

Thank you. This solution works for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,452)