cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Disable checkbox depending on text label

This is what I have for my visible for the checkbox in the gallery If(!CR_1.Text = "95 Blocked/On-Hold" || Self.Value,true, false). If the backlog status is 95 blocked I want to disable the checkbox. Right now, it disables all the ones that are not checked. CR_1.Text is the label that holds the backlog status. Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@powerapps890 

Please change your formula to this:

!(CR1.Text = "95 Blocked/On-Hold") || Self.Value

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@powerapps890 

Change your formula to the following:

That will give you what you want.  You might notice that you have a blue line under the equal sign.  That is because the Not operator is doing a Not on the CR_1.Text and then comparing - that is boolean to text...not valid.  If you put the parens around the comparison, it will work.

And, BTW, you don't need to do the If and true and false...it will evaluate to true or false anyway.

I hope this is helpful for you.

EDIT: Forgot the closing paren in my original post. It is corrected above now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@powerapps890 

I think you should simplify the code to only this code below.  The 2nd part of your conditional statement is what caused the checkboxes to disappear.

!CR_1.Text = "95 Blocked/On-Hold"

If you want to disable the checkbox instead of making it invisible put this code in the DisplayMode property

If(!CR_1.Text = "95 Blocked/On-Hold", DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

this causes all of the check boxes to become blank @mdevaney 

Highlighted

@powerapps890 

Please change your formula to this:

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@powerapps890 @mdevaney 

You've got to enclose your comparison in parens if you are going to ! Not them!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,074)