cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Stanley
Frequent Visitor

Disable error code "Failed to load"

I'm currently working on a app which uses data from a spread sheet in my one drive, but I only want certain users to have access to this information within the app. Currently the branch containing the data is password protected, but any users without access to the file within one drive are getting the error pictured below. Is there anyway to disable this error code so all users can use the app without red boxes each time, while still allowing the approved users to access the data needed?

Thanks in advance everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes. Leverage any of the Error functions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-iferror

You can wrap the request in an IfError() or IsError() function and handle it more gracefully.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes. Leverage any of the Error functions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-iferror

You can wrap the request in an IfError() or IsError() function and handle it more gracefully.

Thank you GarethPrisk.

I put in IfError(ErrorKind.NotFound, "") and it stopped the errors pictured, but now I'm getting forbidden ones (I tried ErrorKind.Forbidden) is there a ErrorKind I can use to stop these ones too?

melissa_russell
Regular Visitor

I am having a very similar issue. I have one app for multiple users, and each user has a spreadsheet tied to the app that only they can access. So, every time they open the app, they get tons of error messages saying that the app failed to load all the spreadsheets that aren't shared with them. Is there any way to disable these messages? It looks like PowerApps updated the way that errors are handled with the OnError, but I can't figure out how to disable these messages. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,878)