cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevieTheBookie
Frequent Visitor

Disable/hide button based on connector throttle limits

Morning, I have an app that relies on send an email v3, my IT Solution is managed centrally and using send an email v2 is not an option ( certainly not in the next few months)

My app is regularly hitting the throttling limits.

At the moment I am manually disabling the button when I see that it is throttling, 

Throttle limits -

100 API Calls per 24h

5 API calls per 5m

sendmailv3 

I am looking for a way to disable submissions when it is throttling, does the community have any ideas?

Powerautomate takes the submissions and stores them in a sharepoint, updates an audit table in excel then send the user an email confirmation.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @StevieTheBookie ,

Broad question, but one you might consider is setting a Variable to a "Respond to Power Apps or Flow" with the number of API calls from the particular Flow and then Patching this to a list as a new record. You can then do a LookUp to this list something like this on the DisplayMode

If(
   Sum(
      Filter(
         ListName,
         DateDiff(
            Created,
            Now(),
            Hours
         ) < 24
      ),
      APIField
   ) > 100,
   Disabled,
   Edit
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thanks Warren an interesting approach! I like it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,578)