cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spa8

Disable item in gallery

I have a gallery that displays cases (numbered 1, 2, 3...). When a user selects a case, the app navigates to another screen where the user needs to answer some questions related to this case. Then clicking "back to case list" button takes the user back to the first screen (cases list gallery). 

When returning to screen one I want to disable the case that was just selected, so the user will not be able to select it again.

How do I do that? I was able to disable it based on selected item, but then when the user selects case #2, case #1 is enabled again.

Would appreciate your help. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI,

There are Not direct Properties to disable the Gallery Record.

But I can suggest you Some Workaround.

Change the TemplateFill Color Properties Based on Condition. Like if ThisItem.Status="In-Progess",gray,Red))
Navigation to screen based on Condition. LIke if (ThisItem.Status="In-Progess",Navigate(Screen 1)).

Hope this solution helps you to resolve your Issue.

The navigation will work, but I need case #1 to stay disabled after it was selected once.

VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, Can you please Describe here, exactly want you to want to achieve. with Screenshot.

powerapps.jpg

 Hope this helps. Thank you.

@VijayTailor Hope this helps, but I'm afraid it's not possible.

VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi
Another Idea For achieving the disable look
you and Selected all the AllItem into a group and Set the DisplayMode.Disable for Group DisplayMode or without creating a group also you can do but in that scenario, you have to do for all the Display Things in the template.
Please Find attache Screenshot for reference.

VijayTailor_0-1601025803973.png

Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Please Vote for my idea if you feel, that will help you in the future or good to have in power app.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Ability-s-to-Select-Icon-from-UIFabric/idi-p/69...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Preview-Mode-for-All-the-Device-Like-Phone-Tabl...

@VijayTailor Thank you so much for replying. I still don't see how the group will help, as it affects all the groups. It is going to be changed with the next click on the next item. 
Going to look for a work around or changing the design completely. 

VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

Please Use Grouping for all the Fields /Content for Gallery.

why Using Group - Answer is Instead of Setting the DisplayMode for all manually you can create a group and Set the DisplayMode for the group then automatically the same value is set for all the Fields/ Contents.

As I understood your requirement you can achieve your required functionality by this ways.

VijayTailor_0-1601031079406.png

but if you think not feasible then you can go for change design as per your wish

Thanks for this suggestion! Grouping the gallery item fields worked great for me. I was able to change gallery items that were updated to DisplayMode.Disabled. I grouped everything in the gallery item and set a conditional statement for its display mode - If('Text' in Table.Column, DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit). So, if the 'text' from my gallery item appears in the updated column of my separate update table then that gallery item will be disabled. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,973)