cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echodapogi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Disable the control based on value of the text or combo box value

Please help. how can i disable this "+" add button/control when the value of Request Type is "Scrap" and enable when the Value is not scrap. Thank you guys. 

PowerappProblem.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

On the Visable property of the +, use If function. so If(RequestTypeTextbox.Text = "Scrap",true,false) if it's a drop down value could be IF(RequestTypeChoice.Selected.Value = "Scrap",true,false)

View solution in original post

Probably would be something like If("Scrap" in DataCardValue5.Selecteditems,true,false) or something along those lines for combo box.  

4 REPLIES 4
cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

On the Visable property of the +, use If function. so If(RequestTypeTextbox.Text = "Scrap",true,false) if it's a drop down value could be IF(RequestTypeChoice.Selected.Value = "Scrap",true,false)

Thank you for your prompt reply. but i cannot make it work. the combo box is inside the "FormViewer1"  and there is a card named "RequestType_DataCard1"  and the name of the combo box is "DataCardValue5".  i could  not reference the DataCardValue5.Text. Sorry i am a newbie on this.

Should be DataCardValue5.Selected.Value, but if it's a combo box those are more complicated cause it's selectedvalues and requires some other ways to work with it. Is it a dropdown or an actual combo box? 

Probably would be something like If("Scrap" in DataCardValue5.Selecteditems,true,false) or something along those lines for combo box.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,000)