cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valw_47
Frequent Visitor

Disabling a button

Hello. I have a button that is configured as OnSelect to set a variable varStartTime to be the current date/time. I am trying to get the button to be disabled once this variable has populated with the date/time to avoid having the user select a new date/time.  My button code is this: 

Set(varStartTime, Now()); If(IsBlank(varStartTime), StartButton.Visible=true, StartButton.Visible=false), 

However, it does not disable the button.  Any suggestions on how to configure the button to do 2 functions for one click?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anshulbatheja
Frequent Visitor

Set the variable with the current timestamp as you did on the onSelect attribute. Remove the if part. Instead you could just use the same code in the DisplayMode

If(IsBlank(varStartTime),DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.Disabled)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
anshulbatheja
Frequent Visitor

Set the variable with the current timestamp as you did on the onSelect attribute. Remove the if part. Instead you could just use the same code in the DisplayMode

If(IsBlank(varStartTime),DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.Disabled)

View solution in original post

Thank you. When I apply the IF statement, I get an error that there are invalid arguments in the IF Statement.  I'm not sure what is wrong with it. 

valw_47
Frequent Visitor

I found my error. There was an additional context variable defined that once removed, this IF statement worked. 

Digital
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What @anshulbatheja said if you want to disable the control.

If you want to make the control invisible, you could put the following:

IsBlank(varStartTime)

If there is no value in start time it will be visible. If there is a value it will disappear.

Personally I'd go with the disabled option but thought I'd mention

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,846)