Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Disabling a radio buttons to blank in a gallery

Hello
I was wondering how to disable radio buttons to the blank stage (ie completely blank) in a gallery from a click of a button which is outside the gallery
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Disabling a radio buttons to blank in a gallery

Hi @mpezzutti ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to reset the Radio control within a Gallery from a click of a button which is outside the Gallery?

If you want to reset the Radio control within a Gallery from a click of a button which is outside the Gallery, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

8.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Reset" button to following:

Set(IsReset, true);Set(IsReset, false)

Set the Default property of the Radio control within the Gallery to following:

If(IsReset, "")

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

Note: Currently, we could not reset a Radio control directly within a Gallery from outside the Gallery.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @mpezzutti , 

You cannot reset a radio button control inside gallery from the button on Outside gallery using Reset().

As a workaround, for doing so, set the default value of the radio button control to below mentioned formula:
Expression: If(ResetRadio = true,"")
Here ResetRadio is a variable, which will be set to true onSelect button outside gallery.
Button  OnSelect: Set(ResetRadio,true)

Set the ResetRadio variable to false on page visible: Set(ResetRadio,false) so that whenever the page is refreshed, the previous value gets cleared out.

MicrosoftTeams-image (54).png
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpezzutti ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to reset the Radio control within a Gallery from a click of a button which is outside the Gallery?

If you want to reset the Radio control within a Gallery from a click of a button which is outside the Gallery, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

8.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Reset" button to following:

Set(IsReset, true);Set(IsReset, false)

Set the Default property of the Radio control within the Gallery to following:

If(IsReset, "")

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

Note: Currently, we could not reset a Radio control directly within a Gallery from outside the Gallery.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Kris Dai

This worked very well.

Thank you so mcuh you made my day

You are the best!

Enjoy your day! Ciao

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @yashag2255 

@yashag2255 wrote:

Hi @mpezzutti , 

You cannot reset a radio button control inside gallery from the button on Outside gallery using Reset().

As a workaround, for doing so, set the default value of the radio button control to below mentioned formula:
Expression: If(ResetRadio = true,"")

Here ResetRadio is a variable, which will be set to true onSelect button outside gallery.
Button  OnSelect: Set(ResetRadio,true)

Set the ResetRadio variable to false on page visible: Set(ResetRadio,false) so that whenever the page is refreshed, the previous value gets cleared out.

I need this. But, i already have a variable (vResponds) set into the Default property of the Radio Control that inside a Gallery?

How can i use the If(ResetRadio = true,"") Expression along side with my Variable (vResponds) in the Radio Control Default Property together?

Thanks,

pytbyt

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @PytByt 

In that case, you just need to update the Default property of the Radio button Control as below expressiona nd this will clear out the radio button selections:
If(ResetRadio = true,"",vResponds)

In case, you want this to revert to default value and not leave the control value as blank:
Reset Button: OnSelect -> Set(ResetRadio,true);Set(ResetRadio,false)
Radio Button: Default -> vResponds
Radio Button: Reset -> ResetRadio

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,859)