cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NurNina
Post Patron
Post Patron

Discount to assign to customer

Hi, I have a question. I have Promotion Discount page for user to maintain in model driven. I also have customer page (Account) in my model driven apps. 

User need to assign to customers after maintaining the discount. How is the workaround for me to do this? Should I assign the Promotion discount id under the customer page?  Im still unsure of this and need some help with it 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @NurNina 

Since this is a model driven app, you would need to model this behaviour in your database.

It appears to me that you're looking for many-to-many relationship between your 'promotion discount' and customer tables. For example, you would like the ability to apply the same discount many customers, and a customer can also receive more than one discount.

There are more details on how to setup this type relationship in the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/create-edit-nn-relationships-portal

hi @timl ,thank you for the reply! How about later,when I want it to be applied in the canvas apps, for example, while making sales order. Supposedly what is the right way for me to apply the discount for a customer? 

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @NurNina 

The general answer to this, which would apply both to your model driven and canvas app, would be to focus on the data structure that applies to your business requirement.

Taking the example of how to apply a discount to a sales order, the typical way would be to store the sales details in a sales table.

From the sales table, you could have a look up to the record in the your promotion table. This would link the specific promotion with a sales order, and you could use this relationship to apply your discount.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,170)