cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Super User
Super User

Discussions regarding the use of MS Flow vs Patch() Collect() with sharepoint lists.

Friends,

When I was a year less experienced, I was using MS Flow for all of my new items and modifying items in Sharepoint.  For some reason, back in the day, I was in the belief that it was easier, and more reliable to have MS Flow perform these functions.  It was very graphical based, and easy to manage Sharepoint data with flow.

Now that I know more, I have some experience using Patch() and Collect() with collections in PA.  I have also started to venture into updating one of my SQL tables using Patch().  

I would be very interested to hear other's opionions on doing these functions directly in PA through these commands, or using Flow.  I do know that using the command structure is a bit more tedious, and it is harder to track issues as Flow has a very nice way of looking through a failed run to find problems, etc.  

Thanks in advance!  Please comment!!!

2 REPLIES 2
LRVinNC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I have used both.  If what I am doing is associated with any type of UI such that I have to have PowerApps, then I use the PowerApps method and generally only invoke Flow for things there is not a way to do in PowerApps.  If what I am doing has no need for a UI, then I will just do it in Flow.  But that's just my personal preference.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Do you find that updating records in SP or SQL as reliable via Patch() in PA?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,436)