cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skini76
Frequent Visitor

Disk Space utilisation by PowerApp application and Sharepoint List

I have developed an application using PowerApp, PowerAutomate and SharePoint List. The application (source), Flows and list (data) both are occupying some disk space. I would like to understand the commercials behind the diskspace utilisation. I have an E3 O365 account and 100GB space.  My query is

(a) Is the space required adjusted against 100GB allotted to E3 account OR applications doesn't make use of space allocate to E3 account ?

(b) If the space utilisation is adjusted against 100GB, is there a way, not to do that ?

(c) If the answer to (b) is yes, what is the cost per GB ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) The space used by Power Apps and Power Automate is handled by a separate capacity dedicated to the Power Platform.  The SharePoint list will use space in the Office 365 tenant, but that goes against the tenant, not your personal E3.  E3 licenses don't have a specific SharePoint storage quota other than OneDrive, which doesn't apply here.  SharePoint Site collections may have a storage quota.  That is what the SharePoint list would count against.

2) N/A

3) N/A

Here's an article about how to buy additional Power Platform storage capacity, but in general you won't need it for normal applications.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/capacity-add-on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) The space used by Power Apps and Power Automate is handled by a separate capacity dedicated to the Power Platform.  The SharePoint list will use space in the Office 365 tenant, but that goes against the tenant, not your personal E3.  E3 licenses don't have a specific SharePoint storage quota other than OneDrive, which doesn't apply here.  SharePoint Site collections may have a storage quota.  That is what the SharePoint list would count against.

2) N/A

3) N/A

Here's an article about how to buy additional Power Platform storage capacity, but in general you won't need it for normal applications.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/capacity-add-on

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skini76 ,

Does the 100GB space mean office365 storage space?

PowerApps and Flows applications don't occupy Office365 storage space, they are stored in Microsoft server. There is no need to consider the storage of these applications.

The Capacity of Power Platform actually is Common Data Service Capacity. It just stores the Database, File, and Log of CDS entity. Reference: Common Data Service storage capacity . If your Power Apps and Flows don't work with CDS entity, it also doesn't occupy CDS storage capacity.

So only your SharePoint list data take up the 100G Office365 storage space. Reference: Office365 storage space 

Sik

skini76
Frequent Visitor

You said - "The space used by Power Apps and Power Automate is handled by a separate capacity dedicated to the Power Platform. "

Where can I find the space allocated & utilised by PowerApp & PowerAutomate ?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can check the space used in the Power Platform Admin Center. https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support. But as @v-siky-msft mentioned that really is only used if you are interacting with CDS.  CDS is used behind the scenes to store the App definition itself, but that is very minimal and the default storage will be more than enough to cover that usage. Otherwise storage is all based on the data source you are using.  For SharePoint lists that in your Office 365 tenant and as I mentioned that is based on your tenant not an individual user quota.  While an app is running it uses also storage for caching an things on your local device. But there really isn't any other storage used by Apps in the cloud.

Could you be a bit more specific about your concern with storage? Unless you are using CDS for data storage it really should never be an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,523)