Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Display Displayname from SharePoint people field in Powerapps gallery

Hello,

I have created a SharePoint list where I have a People column named as "PendingWith". I have connected this SharePoint list to my Gallery in PowerApps. For one of the label in the gallery, when I add the following formula 

ThisItem.PendingWith.DisplayName

it showcases an error "Expected text value.PendingWith.Text". How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Display Displayname from SharePoint people field in Powerapps gallery

The error is normally caused by the SharePoint people/group column being set to allow multiple values and the label in PowerApps which expects a text string doesn't know what to do with it.

If the multi select is enabled for the column and that is what you want then you can concat the data into a string and display it in a label.

Example: Concat(ThisItem.PendingWith, DisplayName, "; ")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

The error is normally caused by the SharePoint people/group column being set to allow multiple values and the label in PowerApps which expects a text string doesn't know what to do with it.

If the multi select is enabled for the column and that is what you want then you can concat the data into a string and display it in a label.

Example: Concat(ThisItem.PendingWith, DisplayName, "; ")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helper I
Helper I

What a neat trick @Jeff_Thorpe ! Thanks for the solution, worked great. Marking as solution.

Cheers,

AK

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,140)