Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meddlema
Helper I
Helper I

Display Error Message When Value Selected in Dropdown

Hello, 

I need assistance with displaying an error message when a value is selected in a dropdown. 

The dropdown is datacardvalue2 and the values are "New Hire" and "Transfer/Promotion"

I want to display the error "Wrong form, please use the Transfer/Promotion form" if the value Transfer/Promotion is selected. 

I am still learning Powerapps.  I have tried the following in On Select for the dropdown: 

If(DataCardValue2.Selected.Value = "Transfer/Promotion", " ","Incorrect form, Please return and use the Transfer/Promotion form")

How should I handle this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Try:

If(DataCardValue2.Selected.Value = "Transfer/Promotion",

Notify("Incorrect form, Please return and use the Transfer/Promotion form"))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

Try:

If(DataCardValue2.Selected.Value = "Transfer/Promotion",

Notify("Incorrect form, Please return and use the Transfer/Promotion form"))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I tried that an error message is still not displaying.   I put it in the On Select for the dropdown. 

Disregard my previous message.  It is working now

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,828)