cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnowFlake
Advocate II
Advocate II

Display Form Showing Wrong Selected Item. Visual Glitch?

Hi All

I've been struggling with this issue where the Browser Gallery Selected Item is not displaying the correct selected item. It is reverting back to the first Item on the list... but not really... Bare with me, please 🙂 

Here are the "Gallery items":

Once selected, I have a display form showing the record details. The attachment below: "Record Details"

When I view another vessel it displays everything the first record did, however, the status field which is a choice field and the Vessel Name are correct. as seen in "Record details 2", I do have an Upper() on the vessel Name and I believe that's why it is displaying correctly. I can't explain why the status field is working correctly as the cargo is also a choice field however a multi-select choice field(Not working). but this leads me to believe that the correct item is being selected otherwise we would not have the status and vessel name change. I have confirmed both records of data are different. I am using a SharePoint list to store the data. 

Now I must state that this app is working perfectly in the web designer with no issues. only the Published version is having issues loading the correct data relating to the Display Form. 

(Info) When Navigating from the gallery to the Display form, I do Navigate to another screen. I Select(Parent); Navigate to "Screen 2"

When I navigate back to my screen 1 I see the data in the form flicker to the first entry in the gallery before getting taken back to the first screen. it is almost like the Display form is stuck on the first entry it loads and only shows updated fields that the Screen 2 forces Example: an Upper(Parent.Default) 

Please let me know any suggestions you may have. I hope this made sense 😞 

Thank you in advance ❤️

21 REPLIES 21

@zeuslyone, can you create a post a new topic? Your question is similar but it sounds like you're wanting to Launch a second app in Power Apps based on what is clicked in the first. 

Paste a link to this post and tag me @Mr-Dang-MSFT if that is the case. Can you share more details on your setup?

cawilking
Regular Visitor

@SnowFlake 

I had the exact same problem.  However, I found that I had a Reset(TextSearchBox) in the [OnSelect] action of my BrowseGallery.  

I had done this so the search box would be reset upon returning to the Gallery after making my selection.

The solution was to remove the Reset(TextSearchBox) from the BrowseGallery [OnSelect] and add it to the BrowseScreen [OnVisible]  action instead.

Problem was resolved after that.  Not sure if this is your problem or not.  Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,834)