cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Display Form shows more text

I'm working on a powerapp where I use forms to edit and show data from a sharepointlist. Some of the fields are selectable and some are text inputs. My problem is that the selectables seems to show a more option to them even though it is only possible to select one option. 

Anyone know why this is happening and know how to handle it?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

I believe you have to show the screenshot again. Where are the selectables . Are they Dropdowns?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 yeah the fields which have these problems are selected through a dropdown or by the created by field.

This is how my app is built up, the user fills a form which contains some dropdowns and text fields which they have to fill. Then they can select the item from a list and see those details which they filled out in the edit form. 
When showing the detail form each of the selected items from the dropdowns show a more text which disappears if you click it, since it is not more to show. This more text is also shown for the field in sharepoint showing the "created by" field.
edit-Form.jpgMore-Form.jpg

Hi@TommySandtorv,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to make the "More" text disappear?

Considering that you have a SharePoint list as a data source, please make sure that you have disabled the option as below:

9.png

And in case, make “Allow multiple selections” OFF as below:

9.png

Best Regards,

Qi

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft 

Yeah I want the "more" part to not show. All of the dropdown fields have that option turned off. The weird thing is that on an earlier version of the app, with the exact layout just fewer fields in the form, this problem was not there, and the text goes away if I go to another screen and then back to the display screen.

Hi@TommySandtorv,

Have you solved your issue?

If it solves your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,433)