Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Display Gallery Records based on a response and filter

Hi All

As usual i am turning to you for help after reading posts etc but can't work it out 😞

I have  a Gallery with a filter based on the Title being an Employee number for example 1234

What i want to do is return the records based on Title which i have working but this returns all records for that number.

I would like the filter to return only the records based on another field (that is filled by another app with a patch function) that is blank.

So if 

Title          Status                record

1234         Approved           1

1234                                    2

1234         Approved           3

1234                                    4

Only records 2 and 4 would be returned.

I understand that i would use  IsBlank and LookUp in my Filter(TFF_PDP_Sign_Off,Title=tffsearch.Text) but dont understand the syntax Smiley Sad

Here is as far as i got Smiley Sad

Filter(TFF_PDP_Sign_Off,Title=tffsearch.Text,
IsBlank(
LookUp(TFF_PDP_Sign_Off,Approval_status=

)))

)

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Display Gallery Records based on a response and filter

If it is a single select choice field then try this:

Filter(TFF_PDP_Sign_Off, Title=tffsearch.Text, Approval_status.value = Blank())

You will get a delegation warning because complex fields like choice, lookup and people are not delegable. If you have a small list (under2k) then this won't be an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

You can have multiple criteria in your Filter(). You just need to separate them with a comma and they act as an "AND" statement. 

Filter(TFF_PDP_Sign_Off, Title=tffsearch.Text, Approval_status = Blank())

If Approval_status is a text field then this should work. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@Jeff_Thorpe 

Hi Jeff 

Thanks for response 

The field is a combobox

So it doesn't work 😞

Would it be easier to insert a label 'pull the value to it, hide it and based the check on that?

regards Gary

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@Jeff_Thorpe 

or would i use IsBlank or IsEmpty?

Gary

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If it is a single select choice field then try this:

Filter(TFF_PDP_Sign_Off, Title=tffsearch.Text, Approval_status.value = Blank())

You will get a delegation warning because complex fields like choice, lookup and people are not delegable. If you have a small list (under2k) then this won't be an issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@Jeff_Thorpe 

Thanks Jeff that works great.

Hopefully my organisation will be 'letting' me have a server soon so will be moving away from Sharepointlists.

I believe that should solve the delegation problem.. Yes?

Gary

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

SQL has some delegations limits just probably not a many as SharePoint or at least it feels that way to me since complex field types are so commonly used in a SharePoint list.

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@Jeff_Thorpe 

Oh joy Smiley Sad

Was just reading this post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Delegation-Issues-with-Filter-Function/td-p/1...

the last poster

I think what im going to do is have Flow move the completed (approved) to naother list then delete the original list item.

Might be the simplest solution!

Gary

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,555)