cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwelborne Helper I
Helper I

Display Instructions

I am writing apps where people are reporting issues.  At the end of the data entry I want to navigate to a screen that displays instructions to follow when this incident occurs.  Here is what I tried:

• I  placed the instructions into HTML Text control whose DisplayMode is View on a screen Name Instructions.
  • On EditScreen1 I changed the IconAccept1's OnSelect property to SubmitForm(EditForm1); Navigate(Instructions)
  • On the Instructions screen I placed a Accept icon with the OnSelect property to Navagate(BrowseScreen1)
  • The Instruction screen is displayed but then reverts back to EditScreen1 before I can click on the Accept icon on the Instructions screen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jwelborne Helper I
Helper I

Re: Display Instructions

i figured out how to accomplish what I want.  I placed Navigate(Instructions) in the OnSuccess property on EditScreen1 rather than adding to the OnSelect property on AcceptIcon1.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @jwelborne 

The EditForm has a property called OnSuccess.

I suspect the OnSuccess property of EditForm1 is set to "Back()" and this is a possible cause of the behaviour that you see.  If this is the case, you can either clear the OnSuccess property of EditForm1, or move the Navigate(Instructions) formula to OnSuccess.

Highlighted
jwelborne Helper I
Helper I

i figured out how to accomplish what I want.  I placed Navigate(Instructions) in the OnSuccess property on EditScreen1 rather than adding to the OnSelect property on AcceptIcon1.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,302)