Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Items in a lookup by linking two data tables

Hi,

I hope you could help me. My problem is that:

I have two data sources to display : "officer" and "application" and one gallery linked to officer. When I click on a officer item Gallery, I see his details. And under his details, we can click in a button which is supposed to display all the applications linked to this officer. That's my problem. Given that we can only have officer gallery, how are we supposed to tell to the PowerApps application: 

-> Display "application" data source linked to this officer. Knowing that only the date is the match between the two data sources.

I tried that:

LookUp('Apllication', variable=GalleryOfficer.Selected.Created Or variable=Gallery1_2Officer.Selected.Created)

I also tried that:

LookUp('Apllication', variable=GalleryOfficer.Selected.Created)

But its not work at all. This loop is supposed to return the "Application" item whom date correspond to the "Officer" item selected.

Please, I need your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If you are going to a detailed screen when you click on the Officer item in the gallery then you can add a gallery to the detailed screen (if there is room) and have that gallery display items from the application data source that is related to the selected officer.

If you don't have room on your detail screen then you could have your button open another screen that displays the application gallery.

I am not sure of the relationship between "officer" and "application" but here is an example of how the formula for the application gallery Items property might look (gallery1 is the officer gallery):

Filter('Application', AppUser = gallery1.selected.user)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If you are going to a detailed screen when you click on the Officer item in the gallery then you can add a gallery to the detailed screen (if there is room) and have that gallery display items from the application data source that is related to the selected officer.

If you don't have room on your detail screen then you could have your button open another screen that displays the application gallery.

I am not sure of the relationship between "officer" and "application" but here is an example of how the formula for the application gallery Items property might look (gallery1 is the officer gallery):

Filter('Application', AppUser = gallery1.selected.user)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you 

LookUp('Apllication', variable=GalleryOfficer.Selected.Created Or variable=Gallery1_2Officer.Selected.Created)

And

LookUp('Apllication', variable=GalleryOfficer.Selected.Created)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,252)