Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVLove
Helper I
Helper I

Display Separate SharePoint List Items in Single Gallery

Hello All!

I am at a loss on how to display input from two SharePoint list items in the BrowseGallery's "Text" field. This is what I'm trying accomplish, if possible.

If the list item is a company contact (DSIContactName) I want the BrowseGallery's Title field to display the DSIContactName (Person or Group column that allows multiple selections) and the Subtitle field should display the DSIContactTitle (Choice column); the Body field will display the DSIContactEmail (Single Line of Text column).

If the list item is contractor contact (GCContactName) I want the BrowseGallery's Title field to display the GCContactName (Single line of Text column) and the Subtitle field should display the GCContactTitle (Choice column); the Body field will display the GCContactEmail (Single Line of Text column).

I used this statement, Concat(ThisItem.DSIContactName, DisplayName, " "), to display the DSIContactName, but I don't know how to include the GCContactName.

Any assistance is sincerely appreciated!

PLove

ContactForm1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@PVLove 

In that case, can you update the expression to:

Coalesce(ThisItem.GCContactName,Concat(ThisItem.DSIContactName,DisplayName,";"))

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @PVLove 

How do you identify if a contact is company contact or if it is a contract contact? If you can share more details about the schema of the SP List/Lists and how they are configured to be used, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi 

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@PVLove 

Thank you for sharing the details. Can you update the configuration of the Gallery to below expressions?

Gallery -> Title -> Text -> Coalesce(ThisItem.DSIContactName,ThisItem.GCContactName)

SubTitle -> Text -> Coalesce(ThisItem.DSIContactTitle,ThisItem.GCContactTitle)

Body -> Text -> Coalesce(ThisItem.DSIEmail,ThisItem.GCContactEmail)

Hope this Helps!

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@PVLove 

What is the type of field that you are trying to parse in Title? If this is a Person type column, then try .DisplayName

Hope this Helps!

The 'DSIContactName' is a SharePoint Person or Group column that allows multiple selections.  The 'GCContactName' is a SharePoint Single line of Text column.  The Coalesce argument is still invalid.

ContactForm5.png

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@PVLove 

In that case, can you update the expression to:

Coalesce(ThisItem.GCContactName,Concat(ThisItem.DSIContactName,DisplayName,";"))

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

@yashag2255 

Can you help me with this issue once again?

Three additional columns were added to the SharePoint list, VendorContactName (Single line of Text), VendorContactTitle (Single line of Text) and VendorEmail (Single line of Text). I was able to update the Coalesce statements for the Body and Subtitle fields, but the Title field is not as simple.

Original expression: Gallery > Title > Text > Coalesce(ThisItem.GCContactName,Concat(ThisItem.DSIContactName,DisplayName,";"))

Updated expression: Gallery > Title > Text > Coalesce(ThisItem.GCContactName,Concat(ThisItem.DSIContactName,DisplayName,";"),Concatenate(ThisItem.VendorContactName,";"))

This expression displays the VendorContactName, but adds a semicolon ";" at the end of the Vendor name in the Gallery. I'm not sure if Concatenate is correct.  A screenshot is below.ConcactForm6.png

Thank you for all your help!

Patti

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,479)