cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Display Sharepoint combo box values

Hello,

I have a combo box in Sharepoint list for "Market" column. Users can select multiple markets for their records for a vendor. The App I'm building allows the user to search for a vendor and if someone already added markets for it, it will display them. From home screen, user will search for a vendor. If the vendor is found, it takes them to a detail screen that shows the vendor name, their market, and other attributes in a Fetch gallery. All other attributes are displaying in the Fetch gallery except the market. I'm having trouble displaying the values in a Dropdown control box or a label (any would do).

I've tried "ThisItem.Market.Value" but it throws the incompatible table values error. I've also tried adding a dropdown control and gave said Items = Choices(VendorSource.Market) but that does not return anything in display mode. Can anyone give me guidance on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Display Sharepoint combo box values

Using Concat in a label (with concatenate to space separate the values) works for me inside a gallery control - I don't think it is possible to put a table inside a gallery. scrn.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Can you display them in a table control? Or their own gallery? Since this is a multiselect, I'm guessing the .Value is repeating....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Tried, still not showing. It is multiple value though you are right.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

So, I tried this in a simple sample app - in mine, I'm moving from a gallery to a form, and I had to put the data table outside of the form - but it did display my items. I set the items property to the .Value of my multi-select, and then had to select the "Value" field for display. Pardon my weird test data. 🙂

scrn.png

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I should add - I just tried adding a display form to a new screen and my multi-select displayed correctly there too - are you using a form control for display?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Aha! that was the missing piece. I was trying to fetch from data source instead of the gallery. GalleryList.Selected.Market works. Thank you!

However, it's only bringing in the Market values for a particular vendor if I click on it. Which is fine if there's only one vendor but I have multiple. Is there a way to make the Table go inside the GalleryList so each Vendor will display their respective market(s) along with the rest of their attributes?

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Using Concat in a label (with concatenate to space separate the values) works for me inside a gallery control - I don't think it is possible to put a table inside a gallery. scrn.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That worked. Thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,213)