Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvagoldenk9
Helper I
Helper I

Display Timezone - SharePoint List Modified Date

Hello,

I have a Power App that is editable by people in the various NA time zones. The source data is a Share Point list so that the record's modified date/time is captured in the column 'Modified'. We want to show the modified information as:

"Last modified by Joe Smith on 2/18/21 8:37AM XXX"

where XXX is the timezone corresponds to the timezone that the associate did the update in. So if Joe is Mountain Standard Time (MST) the 'XXX' would be 'MST'. 

Is this possible to determine and display in the Power App?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @luvagoldenk9 ,

You need the TimeZoneOffset function, which returns the difference between UTC and the user's device. YOu could then determine what time zone they are in.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @luvagoldenk9 ,

You need the TimeZoneOffset function, which returns the difference between UTC and the user's device. YOu could then determine what time zone they are in.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz Thank you for sharing that function. It worked perfectly for what I needed. Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,732)