Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlatFish
Helper I
Helper I

Display Value from a dropdown entity

Hi everyone,

I am newer to Power Apps and I have a dropdown entity that displays a list of names on one window. On another window I want to display the value that is selected from that dropdown as text. 

FlatFish_0-1631733863757.png

For example above is the value the user selected on the main window and I want whatever value is selected to be displayed on a different window. 

FlatFish_1-1631733969905.png

This is what I want to be displayed on the other window, but I just wrote that and it's static. I have tried the following functions with no success: Dropdown_Banks.Selected and Dropdown_Banks.Selected.Value

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@FlatFish 

My example beneath refers to a dropdown that shows employee details. Notice how the Intellisense suggests the field names Address1, Address2, etc.

In your case, the Intellisense should suggest the field name that corresponds to your bank name.

timl_0-1631735252663.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
timl
Super User
Super User

@FlatFish 

The correct syntax will depend on the items property of the dropdown.

If you type Dropdown_Banks.Selected. into the text property of a label, the Intellisense in the formula bar should suggest the correct field name that will return the name of the selected bank.

Hi @timl ,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. This is all it shows me when I type it in the formula bar and it will just return type text if I type it in the label pane

FlatFish_0-1631734946091.png

timl
Super User
Super User

@FlatFish 

My example beneath refers to a dropdown that shows employee details. Notice how the Intellisense suggests the field names Address1, Address2, etc.

In your case, the Intellisense should suggest the field name that corresponds to your bank name.

timl_0-1631735252663.png

View solution in original post

Wow I feel dumb haha. Thank you very much @timl 

timl
Super User
Super User

No worries @FlatFish - there's no such thing as a dumb question 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,369)