Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_W
Helper II
Helper II

Display a DateTime field from a Dataverse table in a gallery

Hi all

I have a Dataverse table which records asset details, such as serial number, build date, and there are several fields (which are DateTime type) which record the various inspection expiry dates.

I'm trying to display asset data in a gallery on a canvas app, but all the other fields work ok except the date fields. For example I have a label showing the asset name with "ThisItem.Name" which works fine, but I can't seem to get "ThisItem.'Inspection Date Expiry'" to work, either in a label or in a view-only date picker?

The message that appears in the formula bar is the dreaded "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation"

Is the issue with the data type DateTime?

thanks,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Martin_W ,

It doesn't matter if the columns are of data type Date and time or Date only:

vjefferni_0-1656921042522.png

Could you please check if the columns are calculated or roll up columns, from on the edit column pane?

vjefferni_1-1656921693005.png

Or you can try and use the unique names of the columns for the Text property of the Label:

vjefferni_2-1656921799502.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

For some reason this starting working again when I next went into the app. I'm not aware of what changed to make it work?!

Hi @Martin_W ,

I suspect that these two columns was adding/modifying when PowerApps studio is open, which made Dataverse connectors not get refreshed. Am I right?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Martin_W
Helper II
Helper II

I've had instances similar to that in the past, but alas not in this case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,396)