Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Display an APP version number

Hi All,

I have been having an issue recently where it seem to take a few minutes for my published app to actually show up properly.

Example:

I customize a form, and I have to refresh my browser many times to get the correct version.  I started putting my own version number on the main screen, but if i forget I am not sure what version is actually published.  I started putting a number on the fields I update to make sure that I am seeing the latest.

My PowerApps APP on my phone takes a few minutes at times to finally refresh and tell me my app has a new update.

A version number would help to make sure I am testing the latest version, instead of trying to figure out why my change did not take effect.

TIA,

Joe

31 REPLIES 31
joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks, but I stopped trying 2 years ago and chalked it up to one other thing not easily available.

Is that a premium connection, or is it a comes with?

cmitchener
Helper I
Helper I

So this only pulls the number of versions of that app that have been published, is there a way to pull the total number of saves? For example, I am working with SAVE version 634 of my app, but the code provided outputs "100" because I have only fully published the app 100 times (I figured this out with date stamps and much headache). Is there a way to show the exact save number?

UPDATE: I was looking through the other pages and realized someone had already answered this, the versioning stops at 100. If someone only has 100 versions of their app, either they don't save or they don't push out updates, and I don't know which scares me more. Definitely a functionality that should be improved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,262)