Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Display an APP version number

Hi All,

I have been having an issue recently where it seem to take a few minutes for my published app to actually show up properly.

Example:

I customize a form, and I have to refresh my browser many times to get the correct version.  I started putting my own version number on the main screen, but if i forget I am not sure what version is actually published.  I started putting a number on the fields I update to make sure that I am seeing the latest.

My PowerApps APP on my phone takes a few minutes at times to finally refresh and tell me my app has a new update.

A version number would help to make sure I am testing the latest version, instead of trying to figure out why my change did not take effect.

TIA,

Joe

31 REPLIES 31

To the moderator:  Please delete this post.

Vitss
Advocate II
Advocate II

Count number does not go over value 100.

Is there a solution for that?

KEarley
Advocate III
Advocate III

To the moderator: Please delete this post too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good day guys 

Iam using this formula to get the app number version from the app but 

Set(
gblAppVersion,
CountRows(
PowerAppsforMakers.GetAppVersions(
First(
Filter(
PowerAppsforMakers.GetApps().value,
properties.displayName = gblAppName
)
).name
).value
)
);

I get this error

"Power apps for Makers get App versions Failed the method Get App Versions has an invalid value for parameter app"

and the sentence turn on red

darasat_0-1646234475546.png

what could it be the problem? Is the formula O.K?

Thank you very much for your support.

joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I gave up on displaying the version.  My users were getting an error, due to permissions and I just didn't feel it was worth the fight 🙂

KEarley
Advocate III
Advocate III

To the moderator: Please delete this post also.

Thank you Mike. 

Unfortunately, the _VersionDate is correct for the last published version, but the CountRows does not return the the same number as that displayed by the PowerApp Details as Version ###.

My Details line is "Version 160  |  3/31/2022, 12:40:01 AM  |  Thomas Belliveau  |  3.22022.31  |  Live "

While _MyVersions & " : " & Text(_VersionDate,"yyyy/mm/dd HH:mm:ss")  outputs  "100 : 2022/03/31 00:40:01"

The date is correct, but the version number is wrong.  I have explored the colAppVersionsUngrouped collection and cannot find any trace of 162 anywhere.

If PowerApps gets 162, I should also be able to find 162 somewhere / somehow!

Thank you

Tom

You can use Text(_VersionDate,"yyyy/mm/dd HH:mm:ss") to format _VersionDate.

I prefer the international form, because when output as text, a date list will sort properly.

Tom

Thanks for this, but the second link is deprecated, and is now a malicious site. Could you remove it from your comment for future users?

Hi, 

I have the same error message. Did you find a solution? 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,552)