Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salamander94
Helper IV
Helper IV

Display and Edit SharePoint List LookUp Column in PowerApps

Hey Everyone,

To the best of my knowledge there is not a way to display a "lookup" field from a SharePoint list in a powerapps "data table" correct?  No matter what I do, I cannot even see the field display in the data table's "fields" selection.  I cannot find anything online saying you can manipulate a SharePoint list "lookup" field in powerapps/display it in a data table.  If you can, could you please help me / point me in the right direction?

If you cannot, can you please give me a reference/article that proves this?  I am trying to get my boss off of my back on this one if I am correct.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Your syntax is not as suggested.  You should be using:

AddColumns( '101 FG Orders', "LookUpValue", <My_Column>.Value)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Yes, you can display this in your DataTable.

Just add it as a column in your Items property:

AddColumns(yourDataSource, "LookupValue", yourLookupColumn.Value)

You will now see "LookupValue" in your list of fields to add to the datatable and it will show the value of the lookup.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

So I get to this point:  AddColumns( '101 FG Orders',"LookUpValue",'101 FG Orders'.<My_Column>)

However, I cannot find the column I am looking for.  It is like it's invisible to powerapps.  Or do I need to be using LookUp() instead of "101 FG Orders".<example>"?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Your syntax is not as suggested.  You should be using:

AddColumns( '101 FG Orders', "LookUpValue", <My_Column>.Value)

View solution in original post

Okay I feel like I'm missing something here.  The name of the lookup column is 'Item ID'.  If I were to use the syntax you suggested above, I still cannot see 'Item_ID'.

Salamander94_1-1615222159495.pngSalamander94_2-1615222200123.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Is Item_ID the name of your Lookup column in your list?

My apologies....come to find out the column "Item ID" had been originally the "Title" column.  I changed it back and everything is working as it should.  Thank you for all of your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,981)