Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salamander94
Helper IV
Helper IV

Display and Edit SharePoint List LookUp Column in PowerApps

Hey Everyone,

To the best of my knowledge there is not a way to display a "lookup" field from a SharePoint list in a powerapps "data table" correct?  No matter what I do, I cannot even see the field display in the data table's "fields" selection.  I cannot find anything online saying you can manipulate a SharePoint list "lookup" field in powerapps/display it in a data table.  If you can, could you please help me / point me in the right direction?

If you cannot, can you please give me a reference/article that proves this?  I am trying to get my boss off of my back on this one if I am correct.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Your syntax is not as suggested.  You should be using:

AddColumns( '101 FG Orders', "LookUpValue", <My_Column>.Value)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Yes, you can display this in your DataTable.

Just add it as a column in your Items property:

AddColumns(yourDataSource, "LookupValue", yourLookupColumn.Value)

You will now see "LookupValue" in your list of fields to add to the datatable and it will show the value of the lookup.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

So I get to this point:  AddColumns( '101 FG Orders',"LookUpValue",'101 FG Orders'.<My_Column>)

However, I cannot find the column I am looking for.  It is like it's invisible to powerapps.  Or do I need to be using LookUp() instead of "101 FG Orders".<example>"?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Your syntax is not as suggested.  You should be using:

AddColumns( '101 FG Orders', "LookUpValue", <My_Column>.Value)

View solution in original post

Okay I feel like I'm missing something here.  The name of the lookup column is 'Item ID'.  If I were to use the syntax you suggested above, I still cannot see 'Item_ID'.

Salamander94_1-1615222159495.pngSalamander94_2-1615222200123.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Is Item_ID the name of your Lookup column in your list?

My apologies....come to find out the column "Item ID" had been originally the "Title" column.  I changed it back and everything is working as it should.  Thank you for all of your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,722)