cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display and search fields on combobox

Hi,

 

My scenario is this.

From my main menu i have a button which takes me to a new screen with a "new" form for a custom entity in CRM.

There are some combobox datacards (lookups in CRM). The display and search fields keep defaulting to something unwanted.

For an example a look up to account has ["_accountcategorycode_label"] as display and search fields. When trying to alter these fields to ["name"] it keeps defaulting back to the account category code, making it impossible to choose the correct account.

 

I've done this previously on another app, though the data source was CDS and not CRM, but i cannot for the life of me get this to work.

 

Does anyone have a fix to this issue?

 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255

 

It seems that i managed to fix it.

The solution was to look under datasource on the combobox. Apparantly the unwanted fields in display and searchfields were the only fields that were added. I do not remember having to do this when building for CDS though.

 

Thanks a bunch for your replies though

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Anonymous 

 

This is strange! Can you try to pick the Display and Search fields by selecting the control and then by selecting fields on the right menu? This will give you an option to select display and search fields.
 
Hope this Helps!
 
If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying @yashag2255 

 

I've tried to change this both in the display/searchfield property in the left corner and also in the menu to the right but neither yield any results unfortunately

Hey @Anonymous 

 

Can you try to logout of the browser, clear the cache and login again? (Could be a caching or a browser issue too)
 
Hope this Helps!
 
If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
 
 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255

 

It seems that i managed to fix it.

The solution was to look under datasource on the combobox. Apparantly the unwanted fields in display and searchfields were the only fields that were added. I do not remember having to do this when building for CDS though.

 

Thanks a bunch for your replies though

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,081)