cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuzuzu
Frequent Visitor

Display card when another card has data

I have cards in a power app that have their visibility dependent on other cards data:

If(DataCardValue8.Selected.Value="Yes", true, false) - this will show the the specific card.

How can i change this to make it visible just if the field is filled in with any value. ( i have several values, YES, NO, N/A etc)

I dont want to list them all out to make visible if the selected value is  YES or NO or N/A etc

Is there away to make visible if DataCardValue8 contains any value?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

There are some great options using blank checks, etc.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-isblank-isempty

!IsBlank(DataCardValue8.Selected.Value)

The formula above will result in a True if it has data, or a False, if it does not.

Apply this to a Visible property, or as needed, to have something happen if the value is selected or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

There are some great options using blank checks, etc.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-isblank-isempty

!IsBlank(DataCardValue8.Selected.Value)

The formula above will result in a True if it has data, or a False, if it does not.

Apply this to a Visible property, or as needed, to have something happen if the value is selected or not.

View solution in original post

zuzuzu
Frequent Visitor

brilliant. thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,851)