cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Display column value for each specific item

In my OnSuccess of a form I have Set(CurrentRec, formData.LastSubmit). Then in a gallery on the previous page I have a label with CurrentRec.Submit, the problem is all of the textboxes have the same value. How can I make it so the textbox is only showing the column value for each specific record. I tried to use ThisItem but no luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerapps890 ,

From your description, I know that:

1. Your Form and Gallery are connect to different DataSource. But they both have same column Title.

2. You want to show a label text from second DataSource inside the gallery when the records have same Title or ID.

Somethings like for example, I have two SP lists called "list9" and "list10". "list9" is the DataSource of my form, and "list10" is the DataSource of my gallery, I want to show list9.mode in my gallery when records have same Title:

v-albai-msft_0-1618989419912.png   

v-albai-msft_1-1618989429326.png

v-albai-msft_2-1618989585042.png

If my understanding is correct, I suggest you use Lookup to find the matched value. Set the Text property of your label inside Gallery to formula like this:

LookUp(DataSource2,Title=ThisItem.Title).Submit

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@powerapps890 

Your CurrentRec variable is going to be a single record.  Your Gallery represents a table of records.  

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Well each item in the form has an ID attached to it. The gallery and form datasources are different but they both have the same column title. So using the title or ID I was hoping to do some kind of match so the label would display the datacard value or column of the form. @RandyHayes 

v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerapps890 ,

From your description, I know that:

1. Your Form and Gallery are connect to different DataSource. But they both have same column Title.

2. You want to show a label text from second DataSource inside the gallery when the records have same Title or ID.

Somethings like for example, I have two SP lists called "list9" and "list10". "list9" is the DataSource of my form, and "list10" is the DataSource of my gallery, I want to show list9.mode in my gallery when records have same Title:

v-albai-msft_0-1618989419912.png   

v-albai-msft_1-1618989429326.png

v-albai-msft_2-1618989585042.png

If my understanding is correct, I suggest you use Lookup to find the matched value. Set the Text property of your label inside Gallery to formula like this:

LookUp(DataSource2,Title=ThisItem.Title).Submit

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,958)