Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisS81
Helper II
Helper II

Display correct form information after deep linking back to a form

Hello,

This is going to be a long one so bare with me.

I'm working on an app where the user selects one of 5 topic area. When they make their selection they're taken to a form where they fill out information and submit the form. The topic areas are pulled from one SharePoint List data source called "Topics" and the form is created from another SharePoint List data source called "Topic Submissions".

I have the title of the selected topic displayed at the top of the form using the syntax "galTopics.Selected.Title". When I submit the form everything displays in the "Topic Submissions" SharePoint list as I intended.

Once the form is submitted there are a group of people who review the form and provide comments on the submission if necessary. If comments are provided by a person who reviews the submission, I'm using Power Automate send an email to the submitter with a link that takes the user back to their form that they've submitted so they can make changes to their submission. I'm user Power Apps Deep Linking to achieve this.

My issue is that when the user gets back to their form submission to make edits, the hard coded title that I pulled using "galTopics.Selected.Title" doesn't display the correct title. For instance, the vertical gallery on the screen appears as:

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Topic 4

Topic 5

If the user initially selects "Topic 4", then the title "Topic 4" displays on the form. But when they got back into their item to edit it, the Title always displays as "Topic 1" instead of "Topic 4". I believe it's because I'm using "galTopics.Selected.Title" to pull over the title and when the user goes back to make changes to the form I've technically haven't made a selection at this point and it's defaulting to the very first item in the vertical gallery, "Topic 1".

Is there a way to get around this so that the topic that was initially selected displays when the user goes back to make an edit? 

Hopefully my scenario and question is clear, if not please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@ChrisS81 

Your gallery is resetting after the edit.  You need to capture the edited item as a global variable when the item is originally selected in the gallery Set(gvar, galTopics.Selected.Title) and typically with the Navigate() function that takes you to the Edit form screen.  The variable needs to remain unchanged until the next item in the gallery is  selected.  So, change the label over the form to gvar from "galTopics.Selected.Title"

@Drrickryp I'll try this and see how it goes. Thanks for the response.

ChrisS81
Helper II
Helper II

@Drrickryp I've tried your approach and unfortunately, I'm running into the same issue. When I click the arrow to go to the form, my OnSelect property is "Set(gvar, Gallery1.Selected.Title); ViewForm(Form3); Navigate(scr_EditDetails)". In the form, for Title, I'm only calling "gvar" in the Default property. It displays the topic title that I've selected, but when I go BACK to the item after clicking the URL that I receive when comments are made it still displays the very first topic even though it's not the topic I originally chose when I submitted the form.. I'm lost. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,178)